Monday, June 22, 2009

Half Way Baby!!

Nurse Connie just graced me with her presence! She says they have finished with the left leg and began working on the right one at approximately 9:45. If the left is any indication, she should have another hour and fifteen minutes in surgery, then off to the recovery room (where I hope she will get all the vomiting she needs to do out of her system)! As of right now, she does not have a room assignment. I think they will try to find a space for her after she comes out of the O.R. Guess that means that I am stuck sitting in the waiting room with these strangers whose faces are becoming increasingly familiar to me. Does it make me a baby to say that I wish my dad were here to help me with this? All of the people in this room have someone with them. Someone to talk to- Someone to keep their spirits up- Someone to share the responsibility with- Here I sit and wait alone, (not that my kids wouldn't have loved to come with me- they would have, but it is not the same) eagerly waiting for the tiny bits of information they offer me every so often, watching the seconds hand pass on the clock. Let me just start to repeat my all too familiar mantra... I can do this.... I can do this.... I can do this..... I can do this.... I can do this....

No comments: