Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Heart Halloween!














Halloween is my absolute favorite. It is the best holiday on the planet- maybe because it is the day after my birthday, so I get presents and candy all at the same time....... This year we had a blast! The day started off, with me substituting Brock's second grade class. His morning teacher, Mrs. Earl, had family in town for her daughter's baptism, and wanted to be with them, instead of at school with a bunch of rowdy 7 year olds (go figure). I graciously came to the rescue and agreed to work for her (how could I not? It is a full day of partying).


I got dressed up as one of those tattooed biker chicks on LA Ink, and headed off to elementary school with Indiana Jones and Prince Caspian in tow. Averie, being in jr. high, and a whopping 12, almost 13, was far too cool to bother with dressing up for school, so she went as herself. I hung out with Brock's class until noon, when I switched off with his afternoon teacher, just in time to hook up with my mom and watch the boys in the school parade. I checked them out after the parade, picked up Ave, and drug them around to local businesses for free candy. After suckering Albertsons out of large amounts of chocolate and sugar, we returned home so Averie could get ready for her very first boy girl party (YIKES!!) and so we could take Scott along on our trick or treating adventure. As we left home, it started raining. O well- we couldn't be detoured by a little rain. We headed up the road to Scott's brother Mark's house, for his annual spook alley and doughnuts. Every year they are amazing! That is the highlight of trick or treating for my kids. By the time we left, the rain stopped and the weather was perfect. We dropped Ave to her PAR-TAY, and hit every house we could find within a mile radius. The official Hampton Family Halloween Rule is: you don't go home until your bucket is overflowing (there has to be enough in there that I can steal what I want without anyone noticing...). About the time the buckets were getting TOO full, Brock thought he was dying of thirst and walking too much (funny, since we drive the golf cart from house to house). We bummed a drink of water from my good friend Stefanie, just to keep him from whining, and called it a night. Averie thought she would tire of her party after about a hour and call us to come pick her up, but (SURPRISE) she had too much fun to even notice the time. She said she even flirted a little (HOLY COW!! I hope not.). All in all, it was a great Halloween night. Any time I get free chocolate I seriously canNOT complain.

2 comments:

The Russell Family said...

I love your costume choice! those tats look real, do you have something to tell me? :) Tell Ave she is never too old to dress up! Even Gram Webb does most years!!

Stefanie said...

Yipee...I made your blog as "my good friend"...lol!

I loved seeing your costume---such a fun mom you are!!!