Friday, November 14, 2008

Pumpkin Party

After much begging and pleading, the boys convinced me that we could carve pumpkins on the back porch. Scott was in the garage working on his truck, and Averie was hanging out at a friends house. Corbin and Brock carried the pumpkins out, gathered their knives, and began to carve. This is about when I caught them. It seems like they want so badly to be independent
and cut up the pumpkins on their own. They did a pretty good job on their own too. I was only allowed to help loosen the top and pull it off. I wish they would stop growing up. Soon they won't let me help at all. We had a great time together, and the night went amazingly well. Scott was thrilled that he didn't have to help or get pumpkin guts all over his hands. Averie was sad that we didn't wait for her, but she had fun at Lauren's and she was still able to create a fantastic pumpkin a couple of days later. Good times... Good times...

No comments: