Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Is This Really How They Dress In Jr. High?

So the other day, Averie came into my bathroom to do her hair for school, and this is how she was dressed. I guess I should have taken a picture of her standing so it would show the full effect. She has on her Ernie shirt (yes, Ernie, as in Seasame Street), yellow yoga sweats pulled up to her knees, stripped socks, and Elmo slippers on. If I had never been to the Jr. High to see that, indeed the girls do occassionally dress this way, I might have tried to convince her to change. Fortunately for her, I have been, and I have seen how it is there. I know it is super cool to wear your slippers instead of real shoes. All things considered, I think she looked fantastik! I love you Ave- and I love that you know who you are and that you are confident in yourself!

3 comments:

Emily H said...

I would have loved to wear slippers to school! And be thankful she wears those clothes instead of dressing like a mini hooker like a lot of kids do these days! Your a cutie Avery!

Melanie said...

Having taught junior high for 12 years, I can tell you that Avery is dressed just like her peers. Isn't it funny? My school only allows slippers on pj day, but I must say that I would be tempted to wear Sesame Street slippers if I had any!

Cute blog!

The Russell Family said...

I am so glad you have a blog, I always think about you and your family and wonder how you are and what your up to!! Ave is so dang old, when did that happen? She is a cutie. Tell everyone hi! Love ya