Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Sport of Champions

My sweet Corbin has been playing tackle football this fall. I have to say, that originally I was opposed to this. Corbin is so tender-hearted that I thought it would make him feel badly to knock people to the ground. Not to mention, the fact that they have to practice 6 days a week, 2 hours a day. He has LOVED it. Corbin is one of three X men on his team. That means he is too big to carry the ball and have the game be fair (the official max weight is 95 lbs.). He plays nose gaurd, left gaurd and sometimes center. He is amazing to watch. He works hard, and plays great. I am not just saying that because I am his mom. His coach usually has him play the majority of the game, and he told me that he gave Corbin the offensive position he reserves for his best lineman... (maybe he tells all the moms that.) If I had known how good football would be for his self esteem, I would have put him in years ago )when he first started begging) He stands up for himself more, he's made 26 new friends, he is more confident in himself and his abilities, and he looks great! They work so hard at practice that he lost over ten pounds and developed muscles we didn't know he had. This has been such a good thing for him. I couldn't be more proud of him. I love you Corbin!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I can't believe how grown up your kids are. I was excited to find your blog. Looks like life is good for you!

Laura said...

I agree with Denise, your kids have grown up since I saw you guys last year.

Hooray for football. That is awesome he is excelling so much!!

T Fowler said...

It's probably a good thing that you don't have too many post yet because I just read through all of them while setting in bed at 6am because I can't sleep. I know, I'm an idiot, but reading your blog was better than just laying there listening to my off-kilter ceiling fan. Way cute blog! Your family is so fun and you've done a great making it all even! Go Mom!