Saturday, October 4, 2008

Party Animals!!!








For Scott's 35th birthday I decided to throw him a party. True to my form, I wanted to invite anyone and everyone that we know. You know, it isn't really a party unless there are more people than you can count in attendance.... Scott vetoed that in a BIG way. I narrowed my list down to something like fifteen families. Again, he put his massive foot down, and we ended up with "the short list". It seems that Scottie wanted a smaller, more intimate gathering of his closest friends. FINE!!! It was his birthday, so I gave him what he wanted. I invited only the closest of the close friends, which included the Wellman's, the Melling's, the Munoz's, the Robbin's, the Hansen's, the Luke's and the Peterson's. Let it be known now that the Hansen's and the Robbin's are officially dorks who didn't show up. Monique didn't want to come minus her hubby, and the Hansen's couldn't seem to empty their house of the spare kids hanging out there. The rest of us had an AMAZING time!!! The kids (assisted by Brittany Peterson -THANKS BRITT) decorated the way down to the creek and the creek itself. We started a bonfire and bought tons of food. We BBQed hot dogs and hamburgers. Roasted marshmallows, ate cake and ice cream, and played a rousing (unplanned) game of where in the heck are the golf cart keys. It was a FANTASTIK night. Thank you to everyone who came and helped to make it GREAT!!! And a great big thank you to all of our friends - long list, short list, and everyone in between. We love you all. Thanks for making our lives a little more fun!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

It sucks when your favorite person ever doesn't show up! I know I suck. But I love you. And your old hubby!

Unknown said...

Um this is Emily not Creed though I am sure he loves you both too!

Monique said...

I'm not offended by being called a dork! Thanks for the invite and next time I'll come without the hubby! Looks like you had a great time! Love you guys - happy birthday Scott.

Linda said...

I love your blog, Rita. Where did you get your Hangman? It's awesome.

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

Wow, we just found out you have a blog. It's good to see how your family is doing. Keep in touch!

love Shelli (and Josie)

The Russell Family said...

Happy Birthday Scott! Rita your haircut is super cute!