Sunday, October 19, 2008

(Almost) Teenage Angst

Okay, so I am a blog-slacker. It just seems that my life is not always interesting enough to write about.
Averie has been SOOO moody lately. The other day, she was in rare form (it was bad enough that my mom overheard her while talking with Corbin on the phone, and tattled on her. If you know my mom at all, you will realized this is COMPLETELY out of character for her.). Anyway, Ave already had plans to go to the movies with her friend, and I was burnt out from spending the day in my salon, so I let her go, with the understanding that we would address her issues when she got home. When she got back, Scott and I invited her into our bedroom for a little come to Jesus meeting. Apparently, she didn't appreciate it, because when she was excused, she stormed off to her room, slammed the door, and then made all these signs to let us know EXACTLY how she was feeling.

Notice the cute bums on the top sign
When I walked down her hall to tell her goodnight, I found her door closed, covered in these signs. They said things like, NO RULES ALLOWED, NO BOYS, PARENTS GO AWAY, and ENTER AND DIE. She had also drawn pictures of pirate skulls and what I can only guess were light bulbs, but they just looked like fat people mooning me while they pulled up their pants. I know I should have taken her anger seriously, and been super offended by her nasty signs, but I couldn't stop laughing. Honestly, the effort it took to make all of those signs, and the fact that her mean and imposing light bulbs were actually bums... it was just too dang funny. Thank you Averie- for being so entertaining when you are angry.

No comments: